What Are Occupancy Sensors?
Occupancy sensors or motion sensors as they are sometimes called, are devices that turn on lights when someone is in the room and turn the lights off when no one is present. These sensors are a great way to conserve energy and money while maintaining a comfortable environment. We at Paff Electric & Solar install both indoor and outdoor sensors to keep your home safe and illuminated.
The Benefits of Installing Occupancy Sensors
Installing occupancy sensors offers numerous advantages that can significantly improve your home or business environment.
- Energy Efficiency: Occupancy sensors automatically turn lights off when no one is present, reducing energy consumption and lowering utility bills.
- Enhanced Convenience: Say goodbye to fumbling for light switches. Occupancy sensors provide hands-free illumination when you enter a room and turn lights off when you leave.
- Extended Bulb Life: By reducing the time lights are on, occupancy sensors can extend the lifespan of your bulbs, saving you money on replacements.
- Increased Safety: Well-lit spaces deter potential intruders and enhance safety by eliminating dark corners.
- Environmental Impact: Reduced energy usage leads to a smaller carbon footprint, contributing to a greener planet.
Incorporating occupancy sensors into your lighting system is a smart and eco-friendly choice that not only simplifies your life but also benefits your wallet and the environment.
Contact Paff Electric and Solar today to learn more about our occupancy sensor installation services!
Where Are Occupancy Sensors Installed?
There are several places where occupancy sensors can be installed to ensure that lights are only on when they are needed. Some of the places where these sensors are installed include:
- Master bedroom
- Rec room
- Dining room
- Great room
What Are the Different Types of Sensors?
There are several different types of sensors that can be used to control your lights. The type you choose will depend on the application and your personal preference. Some of the most common types include:
- PIR sensors – These sensors are designed to turn on lights when motion is detected. They are great for use in rooms like the kitchen and great room where there is activity all the time.
- Motion sensors – These sensors work similar to PIR sensors but are a little more sensitive. They can be used in places like the bathroom and bedroom where there is less motion.
- Photo sensors – These sensors are activated by light. They are great for use on doors and windows and can turn off the lights when the door is opened. They are also great for use in garages and sheds.
- Dual sensors – These sensors combine two or more of the above methods to ensure that they are only activated when necessary. They are great for use in large rooms and hallways.
Install Occupancy Sensors in Cincinnati
If you are interested in installing occupancy sensors in your home, contact our team at Paff Electric & Solar. We care about our customers and strive to provide the best work for the best price.
“They were quick and fixed everything in a short time frame.” - Kevin M.
“Found the problem quickly and worked towards the best solution.” - Nathan S.
“Scheduling was easy, the cost was very reasonable, and the technicians were friendly and professional.” - Tracy T.
“They have been doing business with our church and school for years.” - Bill F.
“It was a pleasure working with them.” - Rick S.
“They arrived right on time and identified the problem within minutes.” - Derek J.